April 24, 1890
Jane Cunningham Croly formed the General Federation of Women’s Clubs to support clubs throughout the nation and further their efforts at providing education and improving working conditions, health care, scholarships and other reforms.
At the end of 2003, NPWC membership was 45 women, comprised of 51 % junior woman's club members, 18% past junior members, and 31% women new to the federation.
The 56th Congress of the US chartered GFWC and
designated that the Federation be headquartered in Washington, DC.
GFWC celebrated its Golden Jubilee commemorating 50 years of Federation work.
July 9, 2003
The first organizational GFWC North Pinellas Woman's Club meeting was held at the home of Jane and John Hussar in Safety Harbor. The club was founded by current and past members of the GFWC Clearwater Junior Woman's Club. 27 women attended and the group voted to become an organization and join the federation.
September 27, 2003
NPWC was accepted into membership by GFWC Florida Federation of Women's Clubs at the Downtown Tampa Waterside Marriott.
The Centennial Celebration of GFWC Florida.
GFWC was awarded a stamp by the US Post Office in honor of its 75th anniversary.
GFWC’s founder, Jane Cunningham Croly, was inducted into the National Women’sHall of Fame in Seneca Falls, NY.
January 25, 1898
The Florida Federation of Women's Clubs (FFWC) was admitted into membership in the GFWC. The FFWC broadened its scope to include activities and projects on a state and national level.
1905 - 1906
A new Federation constitution was adopted and a Florida Federation pin was designed and accepted.
2003 Jane Hussar (Founding President)
2004 Jane Hussar
2005 Jane Hussar
2006 Laurie Auth
2007 Sandy Incorvia
2008 Debbie Struk
2009 Fran Falkenhayn
2010 Alana MacBain
2011 Sandy Incorvia
2012 Randi Canfield
2013 Laura Bentz
2014 Virginia Papadopoulos
2015 Cassandra Blakley
2016 Ellen Hoffmann
April 24, 2015
its 125th Anniversary.
The Juniorette category was officially accepted into the FFWC structure.
GFWC came to Florida for its convention for the first time in Hollywood, FL.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, June 20, 2017
GFWC established the Junior Department in response to an increasing number of younger women participating in volunteer community service.
August 13, 2003
Due to the large attendance at the first meeting, the second organizational NPWC meeting was held at Countryside Public Library. Major highlights included approval of bylaws, dues, the official club name, establishment of officers and special chairs, as well as selection of the club symbol and the president’s theme.
Sub-Junior groups of high school girls were formed and had their first state convention in Jacksonville, FL.
Since its inception, North Pinellas Woman's Club continues to carry out GFWC's mission, and is dedicated to identifying the needs of the local community and then working to meet those needs through community service projects.